Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New House, New Town- Here I Go

This blog is for me to have a way to document my start of college, in this new town of Grand Rapids and at Grand Rapids Community College. I am going in for culinary arts and can't wait to get into the kitchen! 

So I am here at the new place. I just moved in and its a little weird being here alone. My three other roommates are off, two are in New York and the other is attending a wedding somewhere. I guess its good because it gave me some time to move in and get settled. I am un-packed, I got my books, got some food. I am so afraid I am going to get lost here in the big city. I know by the end of all this I will know the city like the back of my hand, but for now my father has let me borrow his Garmin.

So far I am liking being in a bigger city. Well besides the whole can get lost and such but its good for me. I grew up in the town of Alma, its tiny. I mean here I walk into a store and have no idea who the people are while if I was in Alma you would know everyone, maybe not by name but you would definitely recognize them. I am hoping when some of my roommates come back I can venture with them. All three of them have been here in Grand Rapids for a while so they know the cool places and different shortcuts.

I think that's all for this first post. I probably will update one or two times a week, or more depending on how board I am. :)

Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment